Work at Red Blossom Tea
We've changed and grown a lot over the last decade- from a small apothecary to an artisan tea retailer at the forefront of a growing industry. While our customers may point to our tea, or website or teaware as reasons for our success, we know that what makes
Red Blossom Tea Company thrive and prosper is our dynamic team.
If you're interested in working with us, please check this page often. We'll post new job openings as they become available.
We are looking for an experienced sales associate to join our team. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, sharp, has a penchant for tea and the ability to sell it.
The position starts part-time, consisting of 3-4 shifts totaling 15-20 hours per week. There is potential for a permanent full-time salaried position.
Here's what we offer:
- EXPERIENCE. You'll learn everything there is to know about tea and teaware. You will gain the ability to discuss varietals, crafting techniques and taste profiles of approximately 100 unique teas, and know the difference between wood firing, celadon glazes, and porcelain-ware from Jingdezhen. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the tea industry.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY. We offer a competitive salary, and while we do not have high pressure sale quotas to meet (this isn't a corporate chain), we do reward generously based on hard work and performance.
- OPPORTUNITY TO GROW. We are a growing company in a growing tea market – offering successful team members career advancement opportunities in a stable environment.
- TEAMWORK. We are a small team of tea enthusiasts. We number no more than 10 people. It's a place where the owners will work side by side with you.
Here's what we are looking for:
- SALES EXPERIENCE. You must have retail sales experience, with a strong emphasis on customer service. We are looking specifically for a candidate who has experience selling higher end products where more explanation is involved (wine, cheese, food experience is a plus!).
- QUICK LEARNER. We have a selection of over 80-100 loose leaf teas and artisan teaware. You are required to learn quickly about what we offer, and use what you learn on the sales floor. While previous knowledge of tea is not a critical requirement, passion for tea and a willingness and ability to learn quickly about tea is. This is a wonderful position for someone who desires to be a serious student of tea culture.
- PERSONALITY. This is a job where you will actively engage and educate customers. Strong presentation skills are essential, as is the ability to quickly read a customer and know what they are looking for.
To apply for this position, first make sure we're the right fit for what you're looking for and what we're looking for. This includes availability: a morning shift is 10am–4pm, an evening shift is 1.30pm-6.30pm.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-paragraph introduction and your resume pasted to the body of the email. No phone calls, please. We're also not going to consider any attachments – so please paste your resume to the body of your email.
You may also drop your resume off at our retail location between 10am – 12pm Monday – Friday. If we are free, we may even conduct an impromptu interview. Applications dropped off in person will be given first consideration.